How’s this for a Back-to-the-Future development, loyal readers? I have again surrendered myself to the beauty and value of Turkish-built yachts! I am thrilled to have joined Reliant Yachts, of Newport, Rhode Island in their goal of bringing a stunning line of sail and power yachts built by Istanbul’s Su Marine to the global market. These pix will go a long way to explaining my excitement:
And those are just some examples of what’s already been splashed. Here are some samples of what’s on our drawing boards today:
It’s going to be a thrilling ride, and I’m thrilled and honored to have you along with me. In the weeks to come (before we proudly display the Commuter 40 at the Palm Beach Boat Show) I will be writing about some pretty cool stuff, including:
- A formal introduction to the principals, Dave MacFarlane and Jim Ewing, two guys responsible, most recently, for all that Alden Yachts achieved on the water and in the marketplace. I am honored to be associated with these industry legends. I can say with complete certainty that between the three of us there is virtually nothing in the yacht biz – new and brokerage, Stateside and globally – that we don’t have fully covered. Nothing shines like competence.
- Three very intriguing high tech designs (all 40’ers) that we just sold at the Monaco Boat Show. I’m asking you to trust me until you see them, because you have seen nothing like these boats.
- A complete exploration of Su Marine, and all that they do. I first stepped aboard one of their yachts on the Bosporus way back in 2003. Their chief designer, Tanju Kalaycıoğlu, walked me through that yacht, and I never forgot the level of craftsmanship I saw that day. The thought that this is reproducible here for my clients is a tremendously exciting one.
So stay tuned! But for the moment, I will leave you with this little gift:
So ciao for … wait, wait, not yet…. first a brief word about by my Hinckley experiences.
I was delighted to open Hinckley’s first-ever office in New York last year. I loved working in Southampton, not far from my home and boat. They are a great company, with great boats and warm people. That office is permanently closed now, but I am grateful for the experience and all that I learned there.
But more than that, I am very excited to spread my wings again in areas I couldn’t at Hinckley – the freedom to list and sell brokerage boats (I missed that) as well as big boats and sail (ditto, ditto).
Towards that end, please stay tuned for information on Reliant’s brokerage arm, and how I can help you with all that floats.
Until then, you know the drill – Need anything? Just launch a flare! And thanks, as always, for rolling with me….
- Stable and Able - August 22, 2020
- Snooze again, lose again… - July 29, 2020
- You Snooze, You Lose…. - July 20, 2020
- Words fail me…. - June 18, 2020
- The Ghosts in the Machine - May 24, 2020
- Love Me Tender - April 22, 2020
- Your “MZY” – a Master’s degree from Zeelander University! - March 29, 2020
- Zeelander 72 for end of 2020 Delivery - February 28, 2020
- 2020 Zeelander 55 for Spring Delivery - February 28, 2020
- The Survey from Hell - February 27, 2020