Welcome to The Fog Warning, where we try to answer the two great and eternal questions about yachts:
What makes a yacht great, and why?
Who makes a great yacht, and how?
My name is Dave Mallach, and I wrestle with these questions for you here on The Fog Warning Blog, and on her sister publication, The Fog Warning Digital Magazine:
Both publications spring from my twenty years’ involvement with the design, construction and sale of fine yachts. Much of what I’ve learned comes from my experiences with classic downeast designs, like those built by Reliant, Hinckley, and Vicem Yachts. But I cover the waterfront, so to speak, for quality yachts of any style, from sportfish to mega-yachts.
Please feel free to explore at will, and hit the “Subscribe” tab to keep up with the ongoing discussion. A good time will be had by all.
Meanwhile, if I can help find you a fine yacht that meets your dreams and schemes – Whether custom, production, or brokerage – just launch a flare!
Thanks, and enjoy.
Big Wave Dave
- Your “MZY” – a Master’s degree from Zeelander University! - March 29, 2020
- Zeelander 72 for end of 2020 Delivery - February 28, 2020
- 2020 Zeelander 55 for Spring Delivery - February 28, 2020
- The Survey from Hell - February 27, 2020
- You Heard It Here First! - January 23, 2020
- Lauderdale Offerings - October 21, 2019
- From Newport to Cannes, to … Newport? - August 12, 2019
- Your Special Newport Opportunity - June 7, 2019
- The fast, the blue, and the custom… - May 7, 2019
- Your Globe-circling Report - March 25, 2019