Welcome to The Fog Warning, where we try to answer the two great and eternal questions about yachts:
What makes a yacht great, and why?
Who makes a great yacht, and how?
My name is Dave Mallach, and I wrestle with these questions for you here on The Fog Warning Blog, and on her sister publication, The Fog Warning Digital Magazine:
Both publications spring from my twenty years’ involvement with the design, construction and sale of fine yachts. Much of what I’ve learned comes from my experiences with classic downeast designs, like those built by Reliant, Hinckley, and Vicem Yachts. But I cover the waterfront, so to speak, for quality yachts of any style, from sportfish to mega-yachts.
Please feel free to explore at will, and hit the “Subscribe” tab to keep up with the ongoing discussion. A good time will be had by all.
Meanwhile, if I can help find you a fine yacht that meets your dreams and schemes – Whether custom, production, or brokerage – just launch a flare!
Thanks, and enjoy.
Big Wave Dave
- Flash Alert: Price Reduction - January 17, 2019
- Time and Tide… - January 9, 2019
- Not supposed to notice… - November 26, 2018
- If it ain’t Dutch… [Continued] - October 28, 2018
- Hartman Yachts Livingstone 24 - October 27, 2018
- Vicem 72 – The Baron - October 26, 2018
- The Sossego Comfort 22 - October 25, 2018
- Vicem 67 – Mahogany Rose - October 24, 2018
- 2014 Zeelander 44 for Immediate Delivery - October 23, 2018
- 2012 Zeelander 44 for Immediate Delivery - October 22, 2018