What makes a yacht great, and why?
Who makes a great yacht, and how?
Those are the questions that preoccupy me here at The Fog Warning. My name is Dave Mallach, and I’m honored to be the proprietor of what I hope will become your favorite nautical blog. The Fog Warning springs from my twenty year obsession with these questions, and from my involvement with the design, construction and sale of fine yachts.
Much of what I’ve learned comes from my experiences with classic downeast designs, like those built by Reliant, Hinckley, and Vicem Yachts. But I cover the waterfront, so to speak, for quality yachts of any style, from sportfish to mega-yachts.
Please feel free to explore at will, and hit the “Subscribe” tab to keep up with the ongoing discussion. A good time will be had by all.
Meanwhile, if I can help find you a fine yacht that meets your dreams and schemes – Whether custom, production, or brokerage – just launch a flare!
Thanks, and enjoy.
Big Wave Dave
- *** Welcome Aboard! *** - November 24, 2017
- You Snooze, You Lose (again)! - April 11, 2018
- Mayday! A Cautionary Tale - April 2, 2018
- No Room at the Inn! - February 27, 2018
- Drones and Bones…. - February 12, 2018
- Gemstone Quality - December 14, 2017
- Viking 82 – Untethered - November 29, 2017
- *** No way! *** - November 28, 2017
- Reliant Commuter 40 – “Reliant” - November 22, 2017
- Vicem 72 – The Baron - November 22, 2017