The Long Island Yachts Runabout 40
Long Island Yachts of Rotterdam, Holland has a deep admiration for the looks and performance of classic American downeast designs. After great success in Europe – over 80 boats sold – they now come home to the country that inspired their classic designs.
The Long Island 40 Runabout, the queen of their fleet, delivers a well-worked balance of space above deck and below. Her open bridge deck and large cockpit area are designed to deliver open boating in comfort and style. Below decks, you’ll find accommodations for four – a master cabin with an island bed, and the guest cabin with twin berths. You’ll also find a seating area, and a surprisingly spacious bathroom with separate shower area.
The entire interior is pleasingly finished in bright teak and an attractive off-white finish.
The helm station offers a purely classic design, but with a state of the art dashboard:
The dinette is well protected by the windscreen, with a functional galley opposite. The spacious aft cockpit offers seating for six.
The deep V hull of the Long Island 40 Runabout is designed to travel comfortably at high speed. Her standard engines are straight shaft twin Yanmar 315’s. Upgrading to the optional twin Volvo IPS 600 enables the boat to reach speeds of over 40 knots.
The full Long Island Yachts line at work:
Including their 33’s:
And their 25’s:
As always, if you’d like to hear the full story, just launch that flare!
- Your “MZY” – a Master’s degree from Zeelander University! - March 29, 2020
- Zeelander 72 for end of 2020 Delivery - February 28, 2020
- 2020 Zeelander 55 for Spring Delivery - February 28, 2020
- The Survey from Hell - February 27, 2020
- You Heard It Here First! - January 23, 2020
- Lauderdale Offerings - October 21, 2019
- From Newport to Cannes, to … Newport? - August 12, 2019
- Your Special Newport Opportunity - June 7, 2019
- The fast, the blue, and the custom… - May 7, 2019
- Your Globe-circling Report - March 25, 2019