2016 Viking Enclosed Skylounge – Untethered
Untethered, this custom 2016 Viking Convertible with Enclosed Bridge, sits at the very top of sportfish design’s exciting evolution over the last twenty years – A direct path towards bigger and faster yachts, with uncompromising focus on both fishing ergonomics and megayacht refinement.
Viking Yachts was challenged by her owner, an experience yachtsman, to spare no expense in creating a yacht that serves as both an ultimate battlewagon and a supremely elegant family yacht. Viking’s long-famous motto, “Build a better boat, every day” found complete expression in this stunning yacht:
Viking’s promise of “A better boat” sprung to life with her innovative layout. Her owner asked that the elements that make for an uncompromising fishing machine – Open, expansive areas for all critical functions – be similarly applied to Untethered’s interior. As a result, her salon is open and airy:
As is her galley:
In a substantial improvement over most sportfish designs, down below the long tight corridor to the bow (prone to a claustrophobic feel when cabin doors to port and starboard are closed) has been been opened up in an expansive way. Here, a huge and airy master cabin forward (with a king size walk-around bed and his-and-her private ensuite heads):
Then, two matching and neatly contiguous guest cabins, just aft:
The result is a spacious yet intimate living area, perfect for a family that puts a premium on enjoying their quality time together at sea.
Her carefully sourced interior appointments are of a type rarely seen in sportfish. The owner chose a visual platform of high-gloss cherry, for its warmth in both bright and dim light. Even her sole is a rarely seen mix of cherry and holly, and her cabinet interiors are paneled in quarter sawn cherry as well. And, in the tradition of Newport and Southhampton “cottages,” the unique grain of each section of fine woodwork was carefully matched over multiple panels. This custom approach provides sweeping uninterrupted surfaces to one’s eye.
This same attention to detail and esthetics applies throughout Untethered, even to her enclosed fly bridge, featuring (for comfort and safety) the only wholly flat floor Viking has ever built:
And of course, towering above it all is the functionally perfect flybridge, for both fishing and entertaining efficiencies:
For comfort and safety at sea, Untethered also offers:
- A state of the art Atlantic Marine Electronics package;
- A Model 26000 Seakeeper Gyro Stabilizer;
- Humphree Interceptor tabs;
- ZF JMS System with Skyhook;
- Hydraulic thrusters and outriggers; and,
- Viking’s patented Viper Steering System
If you’d like to get Untethered’s complete information packet, or would like to hear her build story in full, just launch a flare!
- *** Welcome Aboard! *** - November 24, 2017
- No Room at the Inn! - February 27, 2018
- Drones and Bones…. - February 12, 2018
- Gemstone Quality - December 14, 2017
- Viking 82 – Untethered - November 29, 2017
- *** No way! *** - November 28, 2017
- Reliant Commuter 40 – “Reliant” - November 22, 2017
- Vicem 72 – The Baron - November 22, 2017
- Vicem 67 – Mahogany Rose - November 21, 2017
- Vicem 85 – Essence - November 21, 2017